CamTools is a system which has been developed by the University Centre for Applied Research into Educational Technologies (CARET) which provides:
- A single access point to learning resources provided by registered courses
- Secure access from Departmental, College and home computers
- Email notification when resources are added during the year
- Email notification of announcements relating to the course
- You will have been registered for the Biology of Cells CamTools site automatically as part of the NST IA Practical registration procedure.
- If you join the course late or have difficulties accessing the Biology of Cells CamTools site, send an email to the Part IA Biology of Cells CamTools Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Log on to the CamTools web site http://camtools.cam.ac.uk using Raven authentication. You should have received information about obtaining a Raven password from your College.
- Click on BiolCells: NSTIA 12_13
- The menu on the left hand side of the page allows you access to a variety of different resources including lecture and practical notes, course timetable. Three online practicals will also be posted here
- By clicking on My startpage on the top left of the page you can edit your profile etc.
- Logout from CamTools using the logout button.
The following learning resources will be available from the IA Biology of Cells CamTools site:
- Selected lecture material: additional material such as Powerpoint presentations provided by lecturers
- Selected practical material: additional material such as class results provided by practical class organisers and demonstration material.
- Past examination papers: electronic copies of examination papers from previous years
- Consultative Committee: electronic copies of Consultative Committee minutes and student feedback
Please send any comments about your experience of using the system to the Administrator (email@example.com).